What is it?
Couples counseling is a form of therapy designed to focus on the relationship between two individuals by developing communication, resolving interpersonal conflict, and enhancing the dynamics of the relationship.
In couples counseling, the “client” is the relationship between the two individuals seeking help. The goal is to create a true partnership that will guide and sustain the well-being of relationships. Everyone can benefit from couples counseling, whether you’re an unmarried couple learning to work through issues that may arise when developing future plans, newly married couples establish a healthy way of “being” with your significant other in life, or seasoned couples finding & reigniting the fire that once burned bright in the early years of marriage. No matter the stage of your relationship, or the goals of your relationship, at Family Renewal Therapy I'm excited to walk alongside you and your significant other as your journey together.
What to Expect
- Expect meeting with a therapist with your significant other to discuss your goals for therapy.
- Expect to find areas of opportunity and expect to learn more about your relationships strengths.
- Expect a supportive, enriching environment to develop, improve, and grow within your relationship.
Who Could Benefit
Couples don’t have to be experiencing hardship to benefit from counseling. However, if you are experiencing conflict, I can help! Here are a few examples of couples who could benefit:
- Pre-Marital Counseling
- Couples planning to start a family
- Couples contemplating separation or divorce
- Couples persistently arguing, or have unresolved conflict
- Couples wanting to enhance communication
- Couples who are grieving a loss together
- Many other scenarios!
If you have a goal, and it involves your significant other, I would be delighted to provide professional help to guide you to this goal.